Here are some tips to follow — even if you don’t hire Rock’s Moving.
- Do not hire a mover unless you have their workers compensation certificate printed out. Many companies will lie and say they have it when they don’t. It should be on their website. If it is not, have them email it to you and print it out. This is one of the best ways to tell if a company is legitimate or not. If a company won’t provide this for you, they are not properly insured. Click this link to see our certificate.
- Cash, jewelry, medications, firearms, important documents, etc. should all be secured before you move. That being said – only hire a moving company if they are BONDED. Click this link – bonded – to see our certificate.
- Make sure they are licensed. If they are licensed they will have an “IM number” through the State of Florida.
- Make sure they have full replacement value insurance.
- Make sure they use their own full-time employees and never hire “temporary laborers”. Although I guess the companies that hire day laborers probably won’t admit to it.
- Make sure they have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau. We have an A+.
Be careful when shopping for a moving company. Make sure you do your homework.